Monday, May 18, 2020

Notes/thoughts on planning PT 2 during quarantine

Grace Watson
19 May 2020
Media Studies
Notes/thoughts on planning PT 2 during quarantine




Working from home could be a slight hindrance at times because we could not always discuss directly with one another to make a plan - we had to do this over call and sometimes battled to find a time slot we could all fit for the call.

Being in person makes brainstorming easier in some cases because you can easily bounce ideas off one another.

We had never done a concept or a treatment before and weren't able to ask Teacher Bianca questions very easily.

However, working from home definitely had its benefits - I had far more time to think about great ideas while maybe helping with housework or going for a walk.
I could really spend a whole afternoon solely working on the planning and developing of the idea to create an excellent guideline for us to follow during the production process.

I, personally, LOVE my PT 2 idea! I really focused on creating an idea that would be simple yet effective, easy to master with room to excel... I believe this is exactly what our plot-line will do! We're in a great place in terms of planning - all my planning is done, up-to-date and handed in. I'm ready to film!

The only slight problem is that we still need to finalise our talent, and may face some troubles there if the male actor we hope to use cannot make it. We will also have to be very smart in how we film in public, not allowing those walking around the park to distract us. One of Hunter Look's responsibilities for this project is to complete the shot list. We actually haven't had a moment to discuss the shots, although I did plan some shot ideas in my personal planning, so we will have to iron that out asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment